Limited to U.S. customers. Please call or email us if you have any questions about the process or if you are an international customer interested in getting a prescription pair of Flying Eyes.
Kestrel Aviator sunglasses are engineered to be amazingly comfortable with a helmet or headset. Designed for those with small to medium size heads and faces. The entire frame and temples are made of Resilamide™ -- a material that is primarily used in aerospace because it is super light and flexible, yet virtually unbreakable. The gold and silver finishes are painted, so while they appear to be metal, they're just as flexible and durable as our other frames.
The flexibility of the 1mm-thin temples gives you ultimate comfort because you will no longer experience the pain or discomfort from traditional eyewear while wearing a helmet or headset. If you wear a noise-canceling headset, the temples are thin enough to eliminate noise leaks.
Flying Eyes temples wrap smoothly around your head and do not wrap around/behind your ears. This means you can easily slide them on or off while wearing any helmet or headset.
Prescription lenses are Trivex by default for optimum clarity, lightness, and impact resistance. We also include an anti-reflective coating on both sides of the lens. All Rx lenses are UV400, blocking 100% of UVA and UVB.
Each set of Flying Eyes eyewear comes with its own protective case and a soft, microfiber cleaning cloth/bag. And like all Flying Eyes eyewear, they are prescription compatible.
Want to know what makes Kestrel Aviator Sunglasses special?
- Micro-thin Resilamide™ are 1mm thin for ultimate comfort and functionality
- Temples that wrap around your head; not around your ears
- Shatterproof, polycarbonate lenses that block 100% UV light which keep your eyes safe
- Soft, smooth-surface nose-pad keeps glasses properly positioned and balanced for optimal fit and doesn't get as tangled in hair when worn on top of the head
- Available in Matte Black, Gold Front and Silver Front, with a wide variety of lens tints
- Prescription compatible
- Total Frame Width: 137.5mm/13.75cm
- Lens Size: 59mm wide x 45mm height (11mm bridge)
- Frame Front: Matte Black, Gold, or Silver Resilamide™
- Temples: Glossy Black 1mm thin Resilamide™
We use a premium lens lab that specializes in difficult prescriptions and custom edging for sunglass frames. It is likely that a local optician would be able to fill your prescription for a lower cost, which we strongly encourage (as it would also likely be a faster process for you). Please visit our Local Prescriptions page for more information on having your prescription made locally!
If you have not already done so, please visit the Online Prescriptions page for details on how this process works.
You MUST fill out the Prescription Entry form along with your order before we can order your lenses. You can either enter the information manually or upload a photo/scan of the prescription you received from your optometrist. A delay in this upload will extend the amount of time it takes to receive your finished pair.
- Mirrored lenses are tinted on the interior side to neutralize the color of the mirror, resulting in generally neutral color vision.
- Transition lenses are XTRActive technology, which allows them to darken in the cockpit, and are currently only available with a solid gray transitional tint.
*Prescription lens orders are final! If you're unsatisfied with your lenses upon arrival, we can have our lab try again with minor changes within 30 days of receipt, but unfortunately we cannot refund lens orders as they are custom made. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please Contact Us!
*It is STRONGLY recommended that you make sure to use an in-date prescription. We will not refund or remake prescription lenses due to inaccurate data provided to us. We can have your lenses remade for free within 30 days of receipt if there's a problem with how they were made.
*The required ocular/segment height measurement we receive from the marks on the demo lenses you provide are only accurate for that particular frame. If you'd like the same prescription in another frame, we'll need to start the process again (though we will not need a reupload of prescription if all other information is the same).
*All photos are approximations of final appearance. Some variations do not yet have photos.
If you have any questions about this process, please give us a call at (512) 213-2390 or use this Contact Form.